- Locke, B. (forthcoming). “Data Design, Organization, and Analysis for Humanities Research.” DLF Teach Pedagogy Cookbook. Accepted, in publication.
- Locke, B. and Heppler, J(2018). “Teaching Data Literacy for Civic Engagement: Resources for Data Capture and Organization.” Endangered Knowledge,special issue of KULA: Knowledge Creation, Dissemination, and Preservation Studies, 2:1, 2018.
- Locke, B.(2017). “Digital Humanities Pedagogy as Essential Liberal Education: A Framework for Curriculum Development.” Imagining the DH Undergraduate: Special Issue inUndergraduate Education in DH, special issue of Digital Humanities Quarterly, 11:3, 2017.
- Locke, B.,and Mapes, K.(2016).“Do DH librarians need to be in the library?: DH librarianship in academic units.” Digital Humanities In the Library / Of the Library, special issue ofdh+lib,2016.
- Heinbach, C., Locke, B., Mulligan, R., Patel, k., stringer-stanback, K. “Nurturing Citizen Scholarship: Civic Education and Digital Learning in the Neoliberal University.” Digital Library Federation 2018. Las Vegas, NV. October 15-17, 2018.
- Locke, B., “Critical Data Literacy in the Humanities Classroom.” Digital Humanities 2018. Mexico City, Mexico. June 27-29, 2018.
- Locke, B., “Endangered Data Week: Digital Humanities and Civic Data Literacy.” Digital Humanities 2018. Mexico City, Mexico. June 27-29, 2018.
- Locke, B., Lindblad, P., Melton, S., and Mattson, R. (2017). “Endangered Data Week: Taking Civic Action Through Library Instruction.” Digital Library Federation 2017 Forum. Pittsburgh, PA. October 23-25, 2017.
- Locke, B. (2017). “Critical Digital Liberal Education: A Framework for a Broad DH Curriculum.” Innovations in Pedagogy: Local, National, and International Training at Digital Humanities 2017. Montreal, Canada. August 8, 2017.
- Locke, B. (2017). “Mending the Vendor: Correction and Exploratory Augmentation of Collections as Data.” Shaping Humanities Data at Digital Humanities 2017. Montreal, Canada. August 7, 2017.
- Locke, B. and Geyer, B. (2017). “LEADR at MSU - A Lab Approach to Digital Cultural Heritage in the Classroom.” Society for American Archaeology 2017 Annual Meeting. Vancouver, BC. March 29, 2017.
- Locke, B. (2016). “Practical Humanities Data Curation: Creating a Guide for Documenting Data and Methods.” American Historical Association 2017 Annual Meeting. Denver, CO. January 5-8, 2017.
- Locke, B. (2016). “Digital Humanities Pedagogy as Digital Liberal Arts: A Framework for Curriculum Development.” Digital Humanities 2016. Krakow, Poland. July 11-16, 2016.
- Padilla, T., Mapes, K., and Locke, B. (2016). “Cultivating Digital Humanities Biomes: A Collaborative Model.” Digital Humanities 2016. Krakow, Poland. July 11-16, 2016.
- Locke, B., Friefeld, J., and Anderson, A. (2015) “The History Harvest: Undergraduate Engagement with Local Community Histories.” Bucknell University Digital Scholarship Conference. Lewisburg, PA. 2015 November 6-7.
- Locke, B. (2015). “Digital Liberal Arts in the Humanities and Social Science Classroom.” Digital Frontiers. Richardson, TX. September 17-19, 2015.
- Locke, B. (2015). “Collecting Community Knowledges: Improved Representation through Crowdsourced Collections.” HASTAC. East Lansing, MI. May 27-30, 2015.
- Locke, B. (2015). “History Harvest: Community-sourcing Cultural Heritage in the Classroom.” DPLAFest. Indianapolis, IN. 2015 April 17-18.
- Locke, B. (2014). “Opening the archival doors: A framework for evaluating crowdsourced digital archive collection policies.” Library Research Seminar VI. Champaign, IL. October 7-9, 2014.
- Locke, B. (2014) “’Harvesting’ Community Knowledges; Crowdsourcing and Community Representation.” James A. Rawley Graduate Conference in the Humanities University of Nebraska-Lincoln. March 14, 2014.
- Locke, B. (2013). “Nonlinear Arguments in Hypertext.” Nebraska Forum on Digital Humanities. University of Nebraska-Lincoln. February 8, 2013.
- Locke, B., Robinson, C., and Shockey, N. (2012) “Open Access on Your Campus: Strategies from CU-Boulder and UNL.” National Association of Graduate and Professional Students. Duke University. November 1, 2012.
- Locke, B. (2012). “Open Access Advocacy on Campus.” Right to Research Coalition General Assembly. Budapest, Hungary. July 20, 2012.
- Cooper, M. and Locke, B. “How to Apply Fragmented Data to Construct Arguments about Land Dispossession.” The Making of the Great Plains, 1862-2012. University of Nebraska Lincoln. March 29, 2012.
- Jons, S., Locke, B., and Shockey, N. (2011). “Open Access: Making an Impact Nationally and on Campus.”National Association of Graduate and Professional Students.University of Colorado Boulder. October 28, 2011.
- Friefeld, J., Leighton, J., and Locke, B. (2011). “Models of Graduate Student Governance.” National Association of Graduate and Professional Students. University of Colorado Boulder. October 29, 2011.
- Locke, B. (2011). “Prairie Wolves: Manhood in the WWII Hastings, NE Naval Ammunitions Depot”. Loyola University-Chicago History Graduate Student Conference. Loyola University Chicago. April 2, 2011.
- Joseph, H. Locke, B., Mattson, R., Reilly, B., Schell, J., Wiggin, B. Laster, S. “Preservation of Electronic Government Information Project Webinar.” Preservation of Electronic Government Information (PEGI) Project. May 14, 2018.
- Nowviskie, B., Flowers, T., Hanamura, W., Locke, B., Mattson, R., Phoenix, S., Rhue, M., Shorish, Y., Kitchin Tillman, R., Vinopal, J., and Wastawy, S. (2017). “Our DLF Now.” Digital Library Federation 2017 Forum. Pittsburgh, PA. October 23-25, 2017. Keynote.
- Craig, K., Dalmau, M., Green, H., Guiliano, J., Locke, B., Pollock, C., and Wade, M. (2016). “Bridging Gaps: Creating (Safe) Passage for Data Curation Training, Platforms, and Services for Humanities Scholars” Digital Library Federation 2016 Forum. Milwaukee, WI. November 7-9, 2016.
- Locke, B. “The Path of Most Resistance: Embracing ‘Messy’ Humanities Data and Unpolished Projects.” Digital Humanities Research Insitute South Bend. University of Notre Dame. South Bend, IN. February 19, 2019.
- Locke, B. “LEADR: The Lab Approach to Digital Humanities in the Classroom.” Hope College Digital Liberal Arts Speaker Series. Hope College. Holland, MI. March 11, 2016.
- Locke, B. “Digital Humanities Training in Graduate Education.” Rackham Graduate School Mellon Teaching Program. University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI. May 7, 2015.